MILWAUKEE - A 1-year-old girl who was rescued from a house fire on Milwaukee's north side has died.
The fire department says the fire broke out on the first floor of a two-story home around 9:45 p.m. Saturday.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner says the girl died Sunday morning at an area hospital. Her name has not been released. An autopsy is planned for Monday.
There were no other reports of injuries from the fire, which caused an estimated $245,000 in damages.
The Milwaukee Police Department is investigating.
Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
- Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Officers, K-9 search for masked bank robber in Madison
- Caretaker charged in death of disabled girl in Milwaukee
- UW System President responds to shared governance concerns
- EPA assesses apartment where potentially explosive chemicals found