MANITOWOC, Wis. - A female victim has died and two other people have been taken to a hospital after an apartment fire in Manitowoc.
Police and firefighters were called to the Parkview Haven apartments at about 4 p.m. Wednesday where the fire was found on the third floor. The fire was mostly contained in a third-floor apartment.
The female victim was found inside the apartment. Her age and identity haven't been released and an autopsy is pending.
The building is a 90-unit complex. The Salvation Army provided temporary shelter to about 50 of the building's 88 displaced residents.
Manitowoc police and the state fire marshal are investigating.
- Columbia County: pay attention to freezing on flooded roads
- Attempted-murder suspect uncooperative, not allowed in court at hearing
- DOT: Highway 69 south of Verona shut down due to flooding
- Verona school threat tracked to two students, according to school, police officials
- LIST: Sandbags available in multiple areas where flooding continues
- Supreme Court asked to review 'Making a Murderer' confession