GENOA CITY, Wis. - One person was killed and another was injured Tuesday morning in a head-on crash between a semi and a minivan in Walworth County, officials said.
Walworth County sheriff’s officials received a report around 7:25 a.m. of a two-vehicle head-on crash on Highway 12 in the area of South Road at the Wisconsin/Illinois state line in the Village of Genoa City, according to a release.
Emergency crews responded and found a semi-tractor and trailer and a minivan with extensive damage in the road on Highway 12, officials said.
Investigators said 37-year-old Allen Bates, of Lake Geneva, was driving a white 2014 minivan east on Highway 12 when he crossed the centerline.
The minivan crashed head-on into a black 2007 Peterbilt semi driven west by 49-year-old Lazaro Cruz, of Wyoming, Michigan, according to the release.
Bates was pronounced dead at the scene by the Walworth County Medical Examiner’s Office, officials said. Cruz was not injured in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Child seriously injured in second major crash at Dodge County intersection in two weeks
- Oprah attends UW-Milwaukee graduation ceremony
- 77-year-old UW-Madison graduate participates in commencement ceremony 50 years later
- Guests evacuate after fire in room at Great Wolf Lodge, officials say
- Madison bike-sharing program grows as industry changes
- Police: Man kills 2 women, fatally shoots self in Milwaukee