MCFARLAND, Wis. - One person is dead after a crash between a car and a motorcycle in McFarland.
The McFarland Police Department said officers were called to Highway 51 at Siggelkow Road at 11:20 a.m. Sunday. They found the motorcycle driver on the ground and sent him to a hospital, where he later died.
The preliminary crash investigation showed cars were slowing down and stopping for a crane walking across the highway. The motorcyclist was unable to stop in time and rear-ended a car.
The motorcycle driver is described as a 44-year-old man from Milton, but his name has not been released.
The northbound highway was closed for 2 hours but has since reopened.
The crash is still under investigation.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- DeForest man charged with 5 counts of receiving child pornography
- Second Harvest Foodbank receives grant for Beloit school pantry
- Madison man accused of producing child porn using a cellphone, authorities say
- 24-year-old charged with producing, distributing child pornography, officials say
- South West Madison Employment Center officially open
- Police search for suspect in Lake Geneva home invasion