LAKE GENEVA, Wis. - The Ice Castles in Lake Geneva will be temporarily closed Wednesday due to dangerously cold temperatures and wind chills.
The castles are planned to reopen Thursday in time for Lake Geneva's annual Winterfest.
People who purchased tickets for Wednesday received an email and text message Monday afternoon notifying them of the weather-related closure. Ticket holders received a refund and have been given the opportunity to reschedule.
"Ice Castles depends on the cold weather to operate, so it’s rare that we close because of cold temperatures," Ice Castels CEO Ryan Davis said. "But the forecast freezing temperatures would not only make for a poor experience for our guests, it could make for a dangerous one."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 12-year-old boy finds bullet in siding of Stein Avenue house
- Teen driving stolen van ran through stop signs, red light before crashing into stop sign
- Dozen-plus guns stolen from North Sherman Avenue residence
- Madison police looking for man who broke into building near Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Movies in the Park program named in honor of community advocate
- The Bruce Lee of Waunakee? Martial artist stars in new Tarantino movie