PLATTEVILLE, Wis. - The Platteville Police Department said, "oh deer what a day" after rescuing a fawn that was trapped in a fenced-in area.
The department posted about the deer on its Facebook page Tuesday. The fawn couldn't find its way out of a fenced area so a Platteville officer created an opening for it.
The deer then ran into Main Street and tried to hide under a car. Officials said the deer was still partially in the lane of traffic and would likely be hit by a car. The officer then picked up the deer and carried him to his squad car.
Officials said the little buck was released unharmed in a safe area of the city.
- Not-guilty plea entered for man accused in Madison homicide
- Police: Robber hits two women while trying to rob Madison business
- Police investigating reported sexual assault at Beloit Memorial High School
- Meet the Wisconsin artist competing on tonight's episode of 'The Voice'
- Baraboo officials concerned about student safety after viral tweet of students' apparent Nazi salute
- 'Everybody deserves an opportunity': Job center opens inside state prison