WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - While snow in April isn’t foreign in Wisconsin, it wasn’t what many hoped for Wednesday.
“It’s death to me,” said Claire Wiler. “We’ve had snow since like, I don’t know.”
She’s like a lot of shoppers at the Outlets at the Dells who were looking for shelter from the snow.
“We’re going swimsuit shopping,” said Michelle Collier. “We’re heading out to Utah on Friday, so we need a swimsuit to go in some hot springs. (It’s) better than being here.”
Julie Sheu and Robin Raj both were in town from the Green Bay area for a work trip. They said it wasn’t snowing out east when they left.
“We came for work and the snow followed us,” Raj said.
They said roads were slick when the snow came in. Farther north near Mauston a semitruck driver crashed, causing the interstate to be shut down.
WB 90/94 is shut down near Mauston due to a crash. Right now it’s a line of semis and cars waiting to either be diverted to Hwy 12 or for the interstate open again. #News3Now pic.twitter.com/3xVV1xjJBz— Amy Reid (@amyreidreports) April 10, 2019
It was no wonder shoppers tried to get cover from the weather – or maybe tried to forget about it.
“I thought it was finally gone, and it was nice, and no,” Wiler said. “It just came back. It was like, 'Nope, I’m coming back to annoy the crap out of you people.'”
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Explosion in lab sends 1 to hospital, MFD reports
- Passing the baton: New UW marching band director named
- Police release father's 911 call reporting 5-year-old boy missing
- News 3 Now, Channel 3000 honored with 5 Regional Edward R. Murrow awards
- 'My district is falling apart': Students from Beloit Memorial hold protest against administration
- Milwaukee Bucks welcomed back by fans after sweeping Detroit