Mr. Food: No Fuss Salisbury Steak
Can you guess some of the reasons we love this recipe so much? We love it not only because it’s delicious, but also because it’s no stress and no fuss! This No Fuss Salisbury Steak is easy and delicious– our kind of recipe!
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine beef, chopped onion, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper; stir well. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties 5 minutes on each side. Remove patties from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Set patties aside.
- Over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms and sliced onion in drippings 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce to skillet. Return patties to skillet; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove patties from skillet with a slotted spoon; place on a platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; stir well. Add to broth mixture and bring to a boil; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Spoon over patties and serve.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.