Mr. Food: Lemonade-infused Catfish
This is one of those dishes that’s just as good served over a bed of salad greens as it is over a bed of couscous, or… well, over just about anything. The flavor is big, thanks to the lemonade, and the fresh dill sauce adds a creamy finish that will have you smiling ear-to-ear. This is the ultimate summer dish.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 fillets (about 1-1/4 pounds total) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cucumber slices
- Red onion slices
- Blanched green beans, optional
- Roasted potatoes, optional
- Coarse black pepper for sprinkling
What to Do
- To make a lemon-dill dressing, in a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons lemonade concentrate, dill, and salt; mix well, cover and chill.
- In a large skillet, bring remaining lemonade concentrate and water to a boil over medium heat. Add catfish, reduce heat to low; cover and cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until fish is firm in center and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from skillet to a plate and allow to cool. If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make salad, evenly divide salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green beans (if desired), and roasted potatoes (if desired) into serving bowls. Top with catfish and a spoonful of lemon-dill dressing. Sprinkle with coarse pepper and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
Yes this is great served chilled, but let us share a secret with you… the fish is just as delicious when served warm.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.