Mr. Food: Four Layer Pecan Pie
Our Four-Layer Pecan Pie recipe is layered with creamy filling, crunchy pecans, and a flaky refrigerated pie crust that truly make this a delectable dessert. Top it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup for a dessert you’ll want to eat over and over again.
What You’ll Need
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 egg. Beat at low speed until smooth; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add remaining sugar, the corn syrup, and remaining vanilla; mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in pie crust. Sprinkle with pecans and slowly pour corn syrup mixture over pecans.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is set. Let cool, then refrigerate 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- If necessary, cover edge of pie crust with foil to prevent excessive browning after 25 minutes.
- If you like, you can top each slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- If you enjoyed this Four-Layer Pecan Pie recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 74 Easy Pie Recipes, Plus 5 Homemade Pie Crusts.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.