Mr. Food: Crispy Croutons
Say goodbye to store-bought croutons and hello to lots of homemade crunch and flavor! These Crispy Croutons are sure to add that extra special something to your salads. And we love how versatile this recipe is! Use your favorite bread and your special brand of seasoning to make a homemade crouton that’s all your own.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 loaf French bread (see options)
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place bread chunks in a medium bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly toss bread chunks with butter mixture and place on a large rimmed baking sheet; bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Let cool then store in an airtight container until ready to use.
So Many Options!
- You can use any type of bread, from white to rye with or without seeds, to make these Crispy Croutons. Also, if you’d prefer, you can use 4 tablespoons olive oil in place of the butter which cuts down on the calories a bit. Plus, to make these cheesy, just add 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese along with the other seasonings, and reduce the salt to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Use these homemade croutons to top our Zesty Flank Steak Salad, our Italian BLT Bread Salad, or our Tossed Spinach Salad.
- To tie it all together, try one of our Easy Homemade Salad Dressings!
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.