MFD: Bathroom fan causes Willy Street house fire

MFD: Bathroom fan causes Willy Street house fire

Madison Fire Department officials said a Williamson Street house fire last week was caused by a mechanical or electrical failure in a bathroom fan, according to a release.

Fire officials said paramedics were passing by the home in the 1100 block of Williamson Street around 10:30 p.m. March 16 and saw smoke and flames showing on the side of the house.

The bathroom fan was in a first-floor bathroom, according to the release.

Residents told investigators their smoke alarm went off and everyone evacuated safely by the time crews arrived. Fire fighters knocked down the flames quickly before the fire could spread.

The Red Cross was called to help the two residents with food, shelter and clothing.

Comments

comments