Mazomanie house ‘total loss’ after fire

A Mazomanie family was displaced after a fire at their home late Saturday, the Dane County Sheriff’s Office said.

Emergency crews responded to the home at 417 Meadow Lane in Mazomanie at 11:05 p.m. after the family reported seeing smoke in their garage. All five family members exited the home safely, officials said in a news release.

The fire is believed to have started from a vehicle in the garage which was undergoing repairs, and is not considered suspicious, the release said. The house is considered a total loss.

A damage estimate is not available Sunday morning, officials said.

No one was injured in the fire. The Red Cross is helping the displaced family, the release said.

Comments

comments