Mary O. Sramek

Mary O. Sramek

Mary Olevia (Creech) Sramek passed away peacefully on Saturday, September 22, 2012 at the Remembrance Home in Beaver Dam, just one day before her 90th birthday.

She was born September 23, 1922 in Corydon, Indiana to Olevia Annetta (Peper) and James Harley Creech. She graduated from Corydon High School, class of 1941. She married Frank Joseph Sramek on September 15, 1945 in Corydon, Indiana and moved to Columbus where she lived until 2010 before moving to the Remembrance Home in Beaver Dam.

She was a past member of the Old Capital Chapter 467 of the Order of the Eastern Star in Corydon, Indiana where she was initiated Nov. 6, 1944. She is a Past Matron of the Columbus Chapter 244 O.E.S., and Life and Perpetual Member of the Twilight Chapter 165 O.E.S. in Sun Prairie. She was a Past President and Life member of the Ladies Auxiliary of the VFW, Columbus-Fall River Post 8090. She was a member of the Columbus United Methodist Church. She retired from Applied Power Inc. in Columbus on December 31, 1987. She is a former employee of the former Jack Winter Garment Factory in Columbus and the Fall River Foundry.

She is survived by her two daughters: Sue Ann (Richard) Beich of Fond du Lac, and Archan Jane Rose Sramek (Benjamin Talbot) of Beaver Dam; 2 grandchildren: Kristine Ann (John) Thomae and Steven Richard (Yvette) Beich; and 5 great grandchildren. She is further survived by nieces, nephews and cousins. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1996; both parents and stepfather; two sisters; one brother. As was her wish, there will be a private funeral service. Inurnment will be in St. Jerome Cemetery, Columbus. Memorials may be given to the Columbus United Methodist Church.

Comments

comments