Man’s upskirt shoe camera explodes, causes minor burns

Man’s upskirt shoe camera explodes, causes minor burns
Russell Weller via CNN
A Wisconsin man was injured after the shoe camera he purchased to take videos up women's skirts exploded on his foot.

A Wisconsin man was injured after the shoe camera he purchased to take videos up women’s skirts exploded on his foot.

The man, 32, suffered minor burns due to the camera’s battery exploding. He received treatment and sought out his mentor to discuss the incident. His mentor, a clergyman, recommended the man go to police and offered to accompany him.

The men showed up to the Madison Police Department’s West District station Tuesday where the subject was “counseled on his actions and released.”

The Wisconsin State Journal reports a 2015 Wisconsin law prohibits anyone from knowingly installing devices to record under a person’s clothing without their permission. The man was released because the camera was destroyed before he was able to capture any video footage.