Man suffers burns after boat catches on fire
Pier at Lake Kegonsa boat ramp damaged in blaze
TOWN OF DUNN, Wis. — A 33-year-old man suffered burns to his hands and lower arms after his boat caught on fire Thursday night at a boat launch on Lake Kegonsa, according to the Dane County Sheriff’s Department.
The incident happened just before 6 p.m. in the 3300 block of Fish Camp Road in the Town of Dunn.
According to the sheriff’s department, a 1990 Bayliner was tied to the pier at the boat launch when it caught fire. The boat was a total loss, with an estimated cost of $4000. The pier also sustained $15,000 in damage and is currently unusable for boaters.
The victim also sustained smoke inhalation and was taken to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The DNR helped sheriff’s deputies clean up the mess, which including a gallon of fuel leaking into the water during the fire. Deputies said the fire doesn’t appear suspicious and was likely caused by a mechanical issue.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.