Man injured during garage fire

Woman injured coming out of moving vehicle on I-90, state patrol says

A man was injured while trying to extinguish a garage fire at his home.

Authorities said the garage was fully engulfed when they arrived at 2300 E County Hwy O in LaPrairie township just before 8 p.m. Sunday.

Authorities said Jerry Flood, 63, was home by himself working in his garage when he accidentally knocked over a Kerosene lamp, which started the fire. Flood used water containers to try to put the fire out, and while doing so suffered burns and smoke inhalation. He was taken to Mercy Hospital and is listed in stable condition.

Rock County Deputies in conjunction with the Village of Turtle Fire Department, the City of Janesville Fire and Police Departments all responded to the scene.

Surrounding homes were evacuated as a precaution, according to a release. Delavan Drive was closed to through traffic for approximately two hours.

The garage and its contents received substantial damage, according to authorities. The Janesville Fire Department estimates damages at $45,000.