Madison resident finds neighbor unresponsive, fire burning on stovetop
MADISON, Wis. — A Madison man was hospitalized Tuesday after their neighbor found him unresponsive.
Crews were called to an apartment building in the 3100 block of Ridgeway Avenue just after 2:15 p.m. Tuesday. Officials said the neighbor found the man in a shared hallway, and smoke alarms were sounding in the nearby apartment unit.
The neighbor entered the apartment, found a fire burning on the stovetop and put it out. The neighbor was able to get the man outside, and paramedics took over. Officials do not believe his condition was related to the fire, and he did not suffer any fire-related injuries.
Firefighters confirmed that the fire in the kitchen was completely extinguished. The stove, overhead hood vent and adjacent walls were damaged.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.