Madison man temporarily displaced after stovetop fire
MADISON, Wis. — A Madison man was temporarily displaced after a fire Wednesday.
Crews were sent to the 300 block of West Main Street just before 5:30 p.m. after alarms were activated.
Officials said a resident had left a box on his stovetop before taking his dog for a walk. When he came back, there was heavy smoke in his kitchen.
The building was evacuated but the flames were completely extinguished by an automatic sprinkler system before firefighters arrived. The box was burned and a microwave was melted. Crews also had to remove water from the apartment.
Two other apartments were also damaged in the incident but no injuries were reported.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.