University of Wisconsin–Madison graduates will have a space devoted to them on campus when Alumni Park officially opens on Oct. 6. The 1.3-acre green space, located between Memorial Union and the Red Gym, will contain more than 50 museum-like exhibits throughout the gardens.
The new addition also includes a visitor center inside One Alumni Place, adjacent to the park and overlooking Lake Mendota.
The Wisconsin Alumni Association, which raised private donations for the park, calls it, “A story park overflowing with singular discoveries.” Among its features are sculptures, etchings and quotations from alumni cut into steel walls.
Maggie Ginsberg is a senior contributing writer for Madison Magazine.
From chocolate to cheese, find your ideal pairing.Read More »
- Limburger: The cheese that "nose" no equal
- Jonny Hunter and L'Etoile named James Beard semifinalists
- Winter cocktail advice from local bartender Mariah Renz
- Recipe: Wisconsin valentine
- Celebrate Galentine's Day with these five food events