27 E. Main St.
An izakaya is the Japanese equivalent of a tavern and just as beloved. Tavernakaya fuses the best of both traditions. Stylishly simplified, it is warm and welcoming.
Anything foreign here has become familiar—pork dumplings, sushi, ramen and fried rice. Preparation, on the other hand, is brilliant. Even the ubiquitous burger gets a makeover with house-ground beef, local La Clare Farm raw goat cheddar cheese, spicy mayo, Japanese BBQ sauce, mizuna spring mix blend on a brioche bun—and comes with some of the best fries found anywhere. Likewise, General Tso’s deep-fried cauliflower, in a sweet and spicy sauce, exceeds expectations. Tavernakaya invites guests to “Eat, drink and have a good time.” You betcha!
- Thermal imaging spots two theft suspects in Brodhead backyard; police search for man
- Local Dreamer concerned as DACA deadline approaches
- $1M bond set for husband accused of murdering wife 30 years ago
- MPD: Investigation of unexplained injuries continues at Meriter NICU
- Madison school district enlists extra officers for La Follette vs. East High game following threat
- Fitchburg boy who threatened on phone to 'shoot up a school' in custody, police say
- UW-Madison Athletic Board to raise student ticket prices
- Event scheduled to address mass shootings, how to prevent them
- Officials share how to assess whether school threats are credible
- Gulfstream expanding at Appleton airport, adding 200 jobs
- Car fire investigators seek help identifying man from surveillance video
- Madison Police Department: No credible threat, still plans to have extra officers at high schools