Madison Magazine is always looking for talented, motivated individuals for internships and other job opportunities at Madison Magazine. We’re currently accepting applications for a fact checker:
Madison Magazine Fact Checker
Position: Madison Magazine Fact Checker
Employer or Company: Madison Magazine
Location: 7025 Raymond Road, Madison Magazine
Start Date: Contract basis
Application Deadline: Aug. 1, 2019
Madison Magazine is seeking a fact checker who can work off-site on a contractual basis. This person takes a careful eye to every article to be published in print, checking dates, names, quotes, concepts, numbers and the like. The fact checker has monthly deadlines and verifies 10-12 articles a month.
Applicants must have access to a reliable computer with internet connection and Microsoft Word. We’re looking for an excellent communicator with polite and professional phone skills, who also possess strong editing and news judgment skills. Prior experience with fact checking, editing or AP Style is helpful but not required. The ability to meet deadlines is crucial.
Fact checking is an integral part of our production cycle that helps us ensure our readers get accurate, up-to-date information. We fact check all stories for the following reasons, as cited in the SPJ Code of Conduct:
1. To take responsibility for the accuracy of their work by verifying information before releasing it and using original sources whenever possible.
2. To avoid the use of excuses of speed or format for inaccuracies.
3. To actively seek out plagiarism and always attribute.
4. To provide updated and more complete information as appropriate.
5. To be able to respond quickly to questions about accuracy, clarity and fairness.
6. To acknowledge mistakes and correct them promptly and prominently by explaining corrections and clarifications carefully and clearly.
7. To abide by a set of high standards upon which we’ve built our reputation as a publication.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Madison Magazine is always interested in meeting and working with talented freelance writers and journalists. If interested in writing for Madison Magazine, please send a resume and a couple samples to email@example.com.
Madison Magazine Photography
The Madison Magazine art department is not currently seeking photography interns, however, we are always looking for talented freelance photographers to take assignments. Send an email to Tim Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your website or online portfolio.