Madison fire caused by improperly discarded fireworks
MADISON, Wis. — Improperly discarded fireworks caused a house fire on Madison’s west side Sunday night, according to a release from the city’s fire department.
Crews were dispatched to a home along the 400 block of Seven Nations Drive around 11 p.m Saturday for reports of a porch on fire.
Firefighters arrived to find flames and smoke coming from the front of the house, the release said.
The fire was put out around 11:15 p.m.
Investigators believe the fire was a result of improperly discarded fireworks.
All residents were able to get out of the home safely.
One person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, the release said.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.