Lit candle blamed for Blue Mounds house fire
VILLAGE OF BLUE MOUNDS, Wis. — A house fire in the Village of Blue Mounds was started by a lit candle Thursday night, according to the Dane County Sheriff’s Office.
Multiple departments from Mount Horeb, Barneveld, Black Earth, Mazomanie and Verona responded to the fire at 3071 Mounds View Road at 8:39 p.m. Thursday.
When they got there, they found the residents and their dog safely outside the home.
The total damage to the home is being estimated at $200,000. No injuries were reported and the fire is not considered to be suspicious.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.