LIST: Events, businesses affected by coronavirus pandemic
A number of local businesses are being affected by the coronavirus — or COVID-19 — pandemic.
Groceries stores throughout the area have adjusted their hours to stock and clean the stores.
Multiple restaurants are closed due to the virus. All restaurants are limited to carry out or delivery only.
Salons and barbershops have been ordered to close.
Multiple area places of worship have also suspended their services.
All gatherings of 10 people or more are banned.
Communities throughout southern Wisconsin have declared a state of emergency.
- ARTS for ALL has temporarily suspended programming and closed its administrative headquarters in Madison. A date for resumption of normal operations has not yet been set.
- Big Ten Conference has suspended all organized team activities until April 6. The organization also canceled the Men’s Basketball Tournament, all conference and non-conference competitions through the end of the academic year, including spring sports that compete beyond the academic year, and participation in all NCAA tournaments and competitions. The Conference also placed a moratorium on all on- and off-campus recruiting activities for the foreseeable future
- The Boys & Girls Club of Dane County has canceled its remaining spring college field trips, all remaining Milwaukee Bucks games, study abroad programs for Edgewood students and its Saturday HOPE programming in March
- Cher concert at Kohl Center postponed to Sept. 24
- Cinema Hair Studio in Madison closed March 17-28
- Dane County Farmers’ Market has canceled Saturday’s Late Winter Market at Garver Feed Mill
- Dane County Sheriff’s Office has immediately suspended all in-jail programming, contact and non-contact visits, with the exception of attorney visits
- East Madison Community Center will be closed starting March 18th through April 5th
- Epic Systems has canceled its Experts Group Meeting 2020 conference originally scheduled to start April 27
- Free Bikes 4 Kidz Madison is closed until further notice. According to a press release, they have about 200 bikes left to rehab
- FPC Live is working to postpone and reschedule all events through March 31 at The Sylvee, The Orpheum Theater, Majestic Theatre and High Noon Saloon. The company said The Sylvee box office will also be closed
- The Sylvee has postponed the Third Eye Blind concert originally scheduled for March 21. It is now scheduled for June 4.
- Forward Madison’s season will be delayed until at least May 10
- Greenbush Bakery will close at 1 p.m. on March 19 until further notice
- Hair Studio & Day Spa is closed from March 19 to Arpil 7
- Henry Vilas Zoo is closed until further notice, effective March 14
- Hy-Vee has changed its hours to 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. All in-store dining options are now closed
- Inner Fire Yoga is closed until at least April 6
- Jason Aldean concert at Alliant Energy Center has been postponed.
- Klinke Cleaners in Dane County has adjusted its store hours
- Macy’s at Hilldale will be closed through March 31
- Madison-area Urban Ministry is canceling its annual Partners for Change luncheon that was scheduled for April 30
- Madison Capitols & USHL cancel remainder of 2019-2020 season
- The Madison Fire Department has asked anyone who calls 911 for an illness to share their symptoms with the call taker. This will allow responders to prepare with proper protective equipment such as masks before arriving to the scene. Officials also said it’s helpful to tell responders exactly what you’re experiencing as well as your entire medical history
- Madison Magazine’s Best of Madison party scheduled for April 23 has been canceled
- Madison Museum of Contemporary Art is closed through March
- The Madison Police Department is suspending civilian ride-alongs, public fingerprinting services, public tours of facilities, restricted use of district community rooms and MPD-sponsored community events
- Madison Public Libraries are closed
- Madison’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade canceled
- Mercy Health postponed all community events, seminars, dinner series events and support group meetings through April 30
- Metcalf’s is changing its hours to 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Middleton Museum at the Depot and Middleton Visitors Center closed until March 31
- Odana Antiques & Fine Arts is closed from March 19 until April 10th
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens is closed to the public until further notice. All programs and services are canceled
- Oregon Area Fire/EMS District has suspended all public education events, station tours and public reservations of department equipment and facilities
- The Overture Center will be closing its doors and canceling all upcoming performances and events
- The Pet World Warehouse Outlet has new hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- State Department of Corrections suspended all visits to DOC institutions. All professional visits will continue
- Stoughton Public Library will be closed from 5 p.m. on March 15 until at least April 6 (Stoughton)
- This year’s Syttende Mai Festival in Stoughton has been canceled.
- Ten Pin Alley is postponing bowling leagues until further notice (Fitchburg)
- Variations Dance Studio has canceled all classes and workshops until April 6
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center is closed to the public. All programs are canceled with the exception of the NewBridge senior lunch program
- Wisconsin Governor’s Conference on Tourism has been rescheduled for May 26-28
- The Wisconsin Outdoor Life/Field & Stream Expo has been re-scheduled for August 7-9
- Wisconsin State Capitol building is closed to public until further notice
- Wisconsin State Capitol tours have been canceled until further notice
- Wisconsin State Historical Society is closed until at least April 11
- YMCA of Dane County has closed all YMCA facilities and cancelled all programming until at least April 5
- The 2020 UW Varsity Band Spring Concert has been canceled
- The 2020 Wisconsin Film Festival has been canceled
- The 49th Annual Doll Show and Sale is canceled
- The Janesville Police Department’s lobby is closed to the public effective March 23
- The 2020 Winter Code Update training sessions scheduled until March 18 at the Wintergreen Conference Center have been postponed
- The Lodi Police department has suspended some services, including fingerprinting and vehicle registration
- Dan + Shay also postponed their April 11 concert. Fans will be able to see the band August 28 instead.
- Kenny Chesney and Florida Georgia Line also postponed their concert at Miller Park on April 25. No new date has been announced yet for this show.
- Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc. is continuing client services, but due to having staff and volunteers work from home, the organization will suspend offsite legal clinics, in-person client intake, offsite outreach and office hours and face-to-face meetings through April 10, at which point the organization said it may be extended. The organization said it is also limiting office access and asked visitors to call ahead. Numbers can be found here
- Michael Bublé was scheduled to perform at Fiserv Forum on March 29. It is unclear when that concert will be rescheduled.
- Summerfest has been moved to Sept. 3-5, 10-12 and 17-19 of this year.
- WWE Live Road to Wrestlemania event scheduled for March 28 at Fiserv Forum has been canceled
- Reedsburg Area Medical Center has imposed new medical procedures. Patients with respiratory issues will be screened from their cars to assess the level of care that is needed before entering facility
- Sinsinawa Mound is closed until at least April 15
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.