Celebrities of all stripes have been contributing in their own ways to aid those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Kevin Hart donated $50,000 to Harvey relief and then took to Twitter to challenge Kim Kardashian, Steve Harvey, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Justin Timberlake to match his contribution. Houston native Beyonce Knowles has teamed up with the charities Bread of Life and Greater Houston Community Foundation to offer aid to those affected by the storm and subsequent flooding.
But film and television star Liev Schreiber did something a little different. Appearing on “Live With Kelly and Ryan” on Wednesday with the Home for Good Dog Rescue, which is helping to find owners for pups displaced in the wake of Harvey, Schreiber fell in love and decided to rescue two of the needy pups himself.
While on live TV, Schreiber used FaceTime to contact his ex, Naomi Watts, and their two young sons, who helped him pick out the perfect pair of pooches.
Schreiber, Watts and their children settled on Woody and his yet-to-be-named sister. “Look at her ears. Isn’t she the best?” Schreiber said.
Schreiber promised to return to “Live” with updates on the dogs’ progress, and host Kelly Ripa even vowed to play a special place in their lives -- as their godmother.
- Rate of abortions drops to its lowest level since Roe v. Wade
- Babies born by C-section have less of their mom's gut bacteria
- Lay's potato chip bag is getting its first new look in 12 years
- Hilaria Baldwin expecting 5th child with Alec Baldwin
- Today, we celebrate the cheeseburger
- British Airways pilots call off second strike