Cindy Alverez gives rave reviews to this recipe she shared with me. It was a big hit at our Jr. League summer picnic.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green peas
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 slices bacon strips, fried crisp & crumbled, optional
- 1/2 cup peanuts
In a medium bowl, combine frozen peas, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine celery seed, sugar and mayonnaise. Spoon dressing into bowl with the peas. Add bacon if desired. Stir to mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Top with peanuts right before serving.
Nutritional information per serving (6):
Fat, gm.: 10
Protein, gm.: 6
Carbs, gm.: 15
Cholesterol, mg.: 5
Fiber, gm.: 4
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- CDC: Severe lung disease in 16 states possibly linked to vaping
- Liam Hemsworth files for divorce from Miley Cyrus
- Larry King files for divorce after nearly 22-year marriage
- Severe storm winds flip 4 semis on I-80 in Iowa
- How early do you get to the airport? The great timing debate
- Window washer rescued after dangling from Chicago high-rise