Sophisticated, simple and special.
- 2 cups port wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon or dash ground cinnamon
- 6 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
In a small heavy stainless steel saucepan, combine port wine, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 to 15 minutes, or until mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup. If desired add additional sugar to taste.
Remove from heat and remove cinnamon stick.
Arrange peach slices in six small individual glass bowls or goblets. Spoon warm wine over peaches.
Nutritional information per serving (6):
Fat, gm.: 0
Protein, gm.: 1
Carbs, gm.: 30
Cholesterol, mg.: 0
Dietary Fiber, g: 2.4
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Disneyland honors woman's free admission ticket from 1985
- 125-year-old dime sells for $1.32 million
- Harry and Meghan branded hypocrites for using private jets
- Nintendo announces new indie games for Switch
- Couple face up to 6 years in jail for taking sand from Italian beach
- Fast food companies betting big on delivery