If you enjoy a sweet, moist, snacking bread, this one is super good and very easy to make.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 x 4 inch baking loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, oil, and milk. Beat well. Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour. Mix well. Stir in nuts. Pour into loaf pan.
Bake for about 60 minutes or until set in the middle. Remove from oven and immediately tightly cover loaf with aluminum foil. Allow to steam for 10 minute. Remove foil.
Remove bread from the pan and cool on a rack while tenting lightly with foil.
When completely cool store in plastic bag.
Nutritional information per serving (20)
Fat, gm.: 9
Protein, gm.: 3
Carbs, gm.: 20
Cholesterol, mg.: 0
Fiber, gm.: 1
- Child psychiatrist offers advice on talking to children about school shooting tragedies
- Soba noodle stir-fry with coconut curry sauce
- How to write a wedding speech
- 5 easy and inexpensive DIY projects
- Getting a mortgage: 5 steps for ease and success
- Intergenerational care: Kids help elderly live longer