This is a true healthful Mediterranean appetizer with lots of flavor and color.
- 1 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted black olives
- 1 cup finely chopped pimento stuffed green olives
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes, seeded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- dash hot sauce optional
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, combine peppers, black olives, green olives, tomatoes, and onions. Set aside.
In a small bowl or jar, combine dressing ingredients. Mix well with a whisk or an immersion blender. Pour dressing over olive mixture. Stir. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with baguettes or crackers. The tapenade may also be served with Brie cheese.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Fat, gm.: 4
Protein, gm.: 0.5
Carbs, gm.: 4
Cholesterol, mg.: 0
Fiber, gm.: 0.5
-- Recipe by UW Health Nutritionist Donna L. Weihofen, RD, MS
- NY Gov. Cuomo to keep Statue of Liberty open during shutdown
- British Airways pilot taken off plane, suspected of being drunk
- Renowned French chef Paul Bocuse dies at age 91
- Officials: The kids were starved. The dogs were well-fed.
- Delta flies 250,000 service animals a year. Now the rules are changing
- Brighten up your New Year with these lighting trends