This is so super good! Leftovers warm up beautifully in the microwave.
- 1 9-inch premade pie crust
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef or ground Italian sausage
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot sauce
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Press pie crust into 9-inch pie pan. Prick sides and bottom of the crust generously with a fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a medium skillet, cook ground beef until lightly brown. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. If using dried basil, add it to the meat mixture.
Brush mustard on bottom of the baked pie crust. Add meat mixture. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with thin slices of tomatoes. Sprinkle lightly with salt. If using fresh basil, sprinkle on top of tomatoes.
In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, half and half, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Pour into pie crust. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until mixture is set.
Fat, gm.: 26
Protein, gm.: 16
Carbs, gm.: 19
Cholesterol, mg.: 126
Dietary Fiber, gm.: 2
Sodium, mg.: 545
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Researchers hope DNA test may prove bones were Amelia Earhart's
- Tiger Woods plans to publish memoir titled 'Back'
- Gymboree being revived in early 2020
- MIT engineers test Leonardo da Vinci's bridge design
- Disney+ releases its launch lineup
- Zoo Lights to return to Henry Vilas Zoo; light display to feature close to 1 million bulbs