This recipe makes baked fish a little more special. Combine Parmesan cheese, sour cream and dill weed for a topping. Bake it and the fish takes on a whole new personality.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets or any mild white fish
- Salt and pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 tablespoons fine bread crumbs
- butter spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a 7 x 11 inch baking pan or the size pan that fits the amount of fish you are baking.
Arrange fillets in butter coated baking pan. Sprinkle very lightly with salt and pepper if desired.
In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients except bread crumbs and butter spray. Stir to mix. Spoon mixture on top of each piece of fish.
Bake 20 – 30 minutes or until fillets are cooked through. (145 degrees)
(Baking time varies with the thickness of the fish.)
Sprinkle with bread crumbs and spray lightly with butter spray.
Place under broiler and broil about 1 - 2 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
Nutritional Information per serving (4):
Fat, gm.: 16
Protein, gm.: 36
Carbs, gm.: 6
Cholesterol, mg.: 100
Fiber, gm.: Trace
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Lay's potato chip bag is getting its first new look in 12 years
- Hilaria Baldwin expecting 5th child with Alec Baldwin
- Today, we celebrate the cheeseburger
- British Airways pilots call off second strike
- Fashion brand sparks outrage over school shooting-themed hoodies
- The world's 10 coolest neighborhoods, according to Time Out