MADISON, Wis. - The chopped apple makes this a tender cookie.
Combine it with salted caramel chips and it is really special.
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup salted caramel baking chips or chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
In a large bowl, combine shortening and butter. Beat well. Add eggs and beat well. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, and vanilla, Beat well. Add flour and mix until blended. Add apple and blend. Add oats, baking chips, and walnuts. Blend well.
Drop full teaspoons of batter on baking sheet.
Bake for 10-15 minutes just until lightly brown.
Remove from pan and cool on a rack. Store in plastic bags or tightly covered containers. These freeze well.
Makes 36 cookies. Per cookie:
Fat, gm.: 6
Protein, gm.: 2
Carbs, gm.: 12
Cholesterol, mg.: 12
Dietary Fiber, gm.: 1
Sodium, mg.: 47
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Battery or charger in luggage explodes at Chicago's Midway Airport
- Milwaukee police officer buys car seats instead of ticketing mom
- How to be the perfect job reference
- Dying veteran reunites with beloved dog for final time
- Dunkin' launching its Beyond Meat sandwich nationally
- 10 tallest buildings in the world