This is a wonderful "non-mayo" chicken salad.
The simple, sweet, wine vinegar dressing makes it special.
- 16 ounces cooked skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup green grapes cut in half
- 1 cup red grapes cut in half
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- 1 large red apple, diced
- 2 cups cooked pasta, your choice of shape
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped*
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1/4 cup Splenda or sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dash salt
In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, onions, apple and pasta. Set walnut aside.
Combine all dressing ingredients using an immersion blender or small food processor.
Pour desired amount of dressing in the bowl with the chicken and pasta. Stir to mix well. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve on a bed of lettuce on individual plates. Top with chopped walnuts.
Optional: Caramelize the walnuts in a small heavy skillet with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir constantly over medium heat until sugar has melted and caramelized and walnuts are lightly brown. Turn onto parchment paper to cool.
Nutritional information per serving (6):
Fat, gm.: 26g
Protein, gm.: 22g
Carbs, gm.: 25g
Cholesterol, mg.: 46mg
Dietary Fiber, gm.: 2mg
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Spotted Lanternfly invades east coast forests
- Items belonging to Elvis, Johnny Cash and Garth Brooks at auction
- CDC: Severe lung disease in 16 states possibly linked to vaping
- Liam Hemsworth files for divorce from Miley Cyrus
- Larry King files for divorce after nearly 22-year marriage
- Severe storm winds flip 4 semis on I-80 in Iowa