Kitchen fire displaces family in Dane County
BURKE, Wis. — A kitchen fire has displaced a family in the town of Burke on Wednesday afternoon.
According to a news release from the Sun Prairie Volunteer Fire Department, officials responded to a structure fire in the 5000 block of Larry Lane at 1:30 p.m.
The release said crews deployed a hose line and entered the home after seeing heavy smoke inside.
They found numerous items in the kitchen smoldering on the stove and countertops, but there was no active fire.
Crews removed the stove, cabinets and other burnt items and used a water extinguisher to take care of the smoldering items.
The kitchen was the only room to have fire damage, but smoke damage spread throughout the entire home.
The release said the family’s dog was also rescued after officials searched the house.
No one was injured, and the house has since been ventilated to clear out the remaining smoke.
Authorities said the smoke and fire damages are estimated to cost $10,000 to $15,000.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.