Kitchen fire causes significant damage to home
BARABOO, Wis. — A Baraboo home suffered heavy damage in a fire Friday afternoon, according to the Baraboo Fire Department.
Baraboo fire officials said that crews were called to a home in the 200 block of Blake Street around 2:30 p.m. on a report of a fire. Crews found fire showing from the side of the house.
Crews from Baraboo, Delton, Reedsburg and Sauk Prairie responded to the fire, according to a news release. Crews from Sauk City and North Freedom responded to the fire station in case of other incidents.
Officials believe the fire started in the home’s kitchen due to an unattended open flame before spreading to the second floor and attic.
Neither firefighters nor the home’s residents were injured in the fire, but a family cat was killed, officials said. The residents are being helped by the Salvation Army.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.