Kitchen fire causes $10,000 damage to west side apartment

Smoke, fire damage limited to single apartment
Kitchen fire causes $10,000 damage to west side apartment

A fire inside a campus area apartment caused a lot of damage Tuesday evening, but no one was injured in the blaze.

Firefighters received the call for a fire in the 2100 block of University Avenue around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday.

When firefighters arrived, they saw a small glow of fire near the kitchen and heavy smoke coming from the rest of the apartment. They were able to put out the fir with a small amount of water.

Firefighters said the fire appears to be accidental in nature. The building’s fire alarm did go off and helped warn other residents of the apartment complex about the fire.

Comments

comments