Janesville home damaged in fire Wednesday night
JANESVILLE, Wis. — Two people in Janesville had to find another place to stay Wednesday night after their home caught on fire.
The Janesville Fire Department says it was called to the home on Williams Street just before 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Crews were on scene for about two hours before the fire was put out.
Officials say the fire started in the back side of the home as a result of improperly disposed smoking materials. The fire went up the vinyl siding of the home and into the attic.
Everyone was able to make it out of the home safely before fire crews arrived, but the fire department estimates about $65,000 in damages to the home and items inside.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.