Janesville firefighters rescue dog from house fire

Fire causes $15K worth of damage Monday morning
Janesville firefighters rescue dog from house fire

Janesville firefighters rescued a dog from a fire that caused $15,000 worth of damage to a house Monday morning, officials said.

Crews responded to the 1600 block of Barham Avenue around 8:45 a.m. for reports of smoke and flames coming from a house, according to a release. The passerby who reported the fire said they knocked on the door, but no one answered.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and removed the burned items from the home, officials said. A dog was rescued from the home, and paramedics applied oxygen via a pet mask. The dog was eventually taken to a local vet.

The residents were not home at the time of the fire, according to the release. The family of six is being assisted with housing arrangements by the Red Cross.

The fire is estimated to have caused $5,000 of damage to the residence and $10,000 of damage to the contents of the home, officials said.

No injuries were reported from the incident.

Comments

comments