Local areas declare snow emergencies for Sunday
Crews are already plowing roads across the city, and officials asked residents to choose off-street parking options if possible. Alternate side parking rules are in effect for Sunday night.
Officials also asked that anybody whose trash and recycling collection day is Monday not place their carts in the street.
The city has about 1.800 miles of lanes that need to be cleared, and the process could take 12 to 14 hours.
The low temperatures also mean that the city’s salt treatment is ineffective. Drivers should expect snow-covered and slippery roads.
The City of Janesville also declared a winter weather emergency beginning at 4 a.m. Sunday.
Officials said all parked vehicles must be removed from city streets until snow and ice control operations are complete, which will be from at least 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. Sunday.
City crews said they will do a city-wide plowing following the snowfall.
A news release said the emergency may be rescinded for Monday, but updates will come on the city’s website.
If someone is unable to park in a driveway or garage, the city is providing several open downtown parking lots:
- East Wall Street Lot at E Wall Street & N Parker Drive
- City Hall Lot at W Wall Street & N Jackson Street
- S High Street Lot at W Court Street & S High Street
- Hedberg Public Library Lot on Water Street
- River/Union Street Lot at S River Street & Union Street
- N Parker Drive Parking Ramp at N Parker Drive and E Wall Street
The City of Evansville declared a snow emergency beginning at 4 p.m. Sunday and lasting until 4 p.m. Monday.
Parking will not be allowed on city streets, meaning that all vehicles must be parked on private property or in a designated public parking area. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
The restrictions will allow crews to clear as much snow as possible.
The City of Beloit declared a snow emergency beginning at 9 p.m. Sunday and lasting until 4 p.m. Monday.
Parking on city streets is prohibited. Residents should park in a driveway or one of the following lots:
- Krueger Park Upper (Hackett Street at House Street): East Lot
- Krueger Golf Course (1611 Hackett St.): South Lot
- Wootton Park (4th Street at Maple Avenue): Entire Lot
- Rotary Center (1220 Riverside Drive): Between Designated Signs
- Jones Pavilion at Riverside Park (access via Portland Avenue): Entire Lot
- Heritage View Parking Lot at 627 Pleasant: Between Designated Signs
- Third Street (South Lot): West Side of Lot Along Fourth St.
- Third Street (North Lot): North End of Lot Between Designated Signs
- Ironworks (Fourth Street): Center Area Between Designated Signs
- West Grand Avenue Lot (229 W. Grand Ave.): Center Area Between Designated Signs
- Telfer Park (2100 Cranston Road): South East Area Between Designated Signs
Violators could be ticketed and/or towed.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.