Supreme Court clears ways for Trump tax returns; Fauci discusses COVID vaccines; Thanksgiving travel rush is back | Hot off the Wire podcast
On the latest version of Hot off the Wire:
- President Joe Biden is announcing that his administration will extend the pause on federal student loan payments while the White House fights a legal battle to save his plan to cancel portions of the debt.
- The Supreme Court has cleared the way for the handover of former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to a congressional committee after a three-year legal fight.
- Americans who have gotten the updated COVID-19 boosters appear better protected against symptomatic infection than those who haven’t.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, held a COVID-19 briefing at the White House which was expected to be his last before he retires from the government at the end of year.
- AAA predicts that nearly 55 million people in the U.S. will travel at least 50 miles from home this week, an increase over last year and only 2% less than in 2019.