Brie Larson’s uplifting new Disney+ series ‘Growing Up’ | Streamed & Screened podcast
This week we’ve got an abundance of interviews with the cast, crew, and creatives behind the new Disney+ hybrid docu-series “Growing Up.” Created by Brie “Captain Marvel” Larson and production company Culture House, the show premieres September 8th as part of the Disney+ Day programming jamboree.
Bruce Miller’s interviews with Brie Larson, Nicole Gavlovski, Athena Nair, Gavin Arneson, Sage Dolan-Sandrino, and more, pull the curtain back a bit on the production process and the real life autobiographical stories that lie at the heart of the show.
Streamed & Screened is a podcast about movies and TV hosted by Bruce Miller, an entertainment reporter for multiple decades who is now the editor of the Sioux City Journal, Jared McNett, and Chris Lay, the podcast operations manager for Lee Enterprises.
Where to watch:
- Growing Up (Disney+)
Recent articles by Bruce Miller:
- Made in a ‘Minute’: Wisconsin observations help Charlie Berens launch a big career
- Wishful thinking doesn’t make new ‘Pinocchio’ any better
- The steam rises off ‘Tell Me Lies,’ a new series with Jackson White and Grace Van Patten
- ‘Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris’ deserves the right audience
- ‘Growing Up’ shows how messy situations can still have happy endings
- Brie Larson shares about her life while uplifting others in news Disney+ series ‘Growing Up’
- ‘The Invitation’ doesn’t require any real buy-in
- Held hostage? ‘The Patient’ tests Steve Carell’s will
Recent episodes of On Iowa Politics co-hosted by Jared:
- Iowa’s Pipeline, Parents First, and Unopposed Candidates
- Student Loans, Education Funding, and State a Fair Report
- Biden’s Big Bill, Fair Food & Speeches, and IRS Agents “Ready to Shoot”
- Insulin Votes, Law Enforcement Messaging, and Reynolds’ Heartbeat Bill
Follow the show: