House fire in Waterloo displaces 5

WATERLOO, Wis. — Two adults and three children, as well as multiple pets, were displaced by a fire at a home in Waterloo Thursday morning, the American Red Cross said.

The fire happened at the home in the 300 block of East Madison Street.

Flames caused significant damage to a garage and its contents. According to a News 3 Now crew that surveyed the scene Thursday afternoon, the fire destroyed the garage and melted the siding on portions of the adjacent house.

In a news release, the Red Cross said it and other community partners are helping the family who was displaced.

News 3 Now has reached out to the Waterloo Fire Department and the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office for further details about the fire; this report will be updated as more information becomes available.