House destroyed by chimney fire
Owners not home at the time of fire
TOWN OF EASTON, Wis. — A chimney fire is being blamed for starting a fire that destroyed an Adams County home Friday.
A person called 911 and reported the home at 2543 State Highway 13 in Easton Township on fire at 7:35 a.m., according to deputies.
The Adams County Sheriff’s Office said the owners were not home at the time of the fire. A pet died.
The home has been deemed a total loss. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
The fire remains under investigation.