Home chimney fire causes $3,000 in damages
Madison firefighters respond to chimney fire; No injuries
MADISON, Wis. — City of Madison firefighters rushed to the scene of a chimney fire Friday afternoon, after a neighbor across the street from the home saw flames coming from the chimney, according to a police report.
The fire occurred shortly after noon in the 2100 block of Manor Green Drive. The family of five was home at the time, however, no one was injured.
The homeowner had just started a small wood fire in the fireplace when he heard a “whoosh” in the chimney. He checked it outside and saw a bit more smoke than normal, but was not concerned.
It was a neighbor who called to tell him flames were showing. The family evacuated the home and called 911.
When firefighters from Station 7 arrived, they saw heavy smoke coming from the chimney. They were able to put out out the fire in minutes. The damage to the chimney will cost the family $3,000 to repair.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.