MADISON, Wis. - Without Madison's Catholic Multicultural Center, many Hispanic women might not be able to understand the impacts of breast cancer on their lives.
Just off South Park Street, the center offers the area's only Spanish-speaking breast cancer support programming across eight southern Wisconsin counties.
It's where 80 women come every other month for general breast health education and cancer prevention.
In some instances, directors can even help women access the health care they need.
"They like to meet each other, they like to talk about what the chemo is, what is affecting them, how it is to live with breast cancer in the family," Director Lilliam Post said.
To learn more about the workshops, call 608-441-3257.
- Plastic straw makers brace for bans
- Flu sending fewer to doctor's office, but season 'not over yet'
- Trump's language on mental health is harmful, experts say
- New findings paint picture of Neanderthals as artists
- UW Health opens state's only lupus clinic
- Multistate salmonella outbreak tied to chicken salad