Gas grill explosion leads to Janesville house fire

Fire spread to neighboring house
Gas grill explosion leads to Janesville house fire

Janesville fire authorities said an LP gas grill explosion led to a house fire on Friday.

Fire crews arrived at 3205 Canterbury Drive in Janesville to find flames had engulfed the back of the home and had spread to a neighboring house.

Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire, but were unable to save two cats and a bird inside the residence. Authorities said the residents and three dogs were able to escape safely.

Damages were estimated at $250,000 and the fire is under investigation. Fire authorities said a grill malfunction was the official cause of the fire.

Comments

comments