Garage heater to blame for carbon monoxide situation at campus area apartment building, Madison FD says
MADISON, Wis. — A garage heater is to blame for a carbon monoxide situation at an apartment building near the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus Monday night, the Madison Fire Department said Tuesday.
Firefighters were called to the La Ville apartment building in the 400 block of West Gorham Street around 10:35 p.m. after a resident reported a “really annoying” carbon monoxide alarm had been going off for about an hour, the department said in a news release.
Firefighters traced the source to the garage heater and turned it off to cut off the carbon monoxide. MG&E crews also responded to confirm the heater was the source.
The heater was left off and building maintenance was contacted.
Monday’s incident was the second involving carbon monoxide in the city in the past week. Over the weekend, residents of a home on Whitacre Road evacuated due to a carbon monoxide alarm.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.