Garage fire caused by electrical problem, deputies say

Garage fire caused by electrical problem, deputies say

A garage fire in the town of Pleasant Springs is being blamed on an electrical problem.

The Dane County Sheriff’s Office said deputies and firefighters from Cottage Grove, McFarland and Stoughton were called at 7:50 a.m. Tuesday to 1871 Oak Drive.

The garage damage is estimated at $10,000, while the lost contents are estimated at an additional $10,000. No one was injured.

Investigators said an overloaded power strip might be to blame.

Comments

comments