Garage fire caused by ‘careless burning,’ officials say
BELOIT, Wis. — A fire that caused $4,000 in damage Tuesday night was started by careless burning in a container next to the garage, officials said.
Beloit fire crews responded around 5:30 p.m. to reports of a garage fire in the area of Fourth Street and Liberty Avenue, according to a release.
Crews found heavy smoke and fire coming from the south end of a garage at 1122 Fourth St., officials said.
According to the release, there were no injuries and no other buildings were damaged.
The occupant of the house was issued a citation for illegal burning, officials said.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.